Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 15

Well, I haven't done a very good job keeping track of the days. I have checked each day what the sticky says for the day and tried to do it.

My sink is still shining throughout the day and it has made a huge difference just getting things cleaned up (sink included) after every meal and the floor swept every night. I've only mopped once in the past 2 weeks, but it's still so much better than saving it all up!

I'm also still showering at night so I can get up and get dressed first thing in the morning. I was already making my bed, although this wasn't supposed to start until today. I think I'm just remembering some of the things that I used to do the last time I attempted to FLY and throwing them in.

Getting a little discouraged, though, as I haven't had a lot of time to declutter. I'm also trying to figure out how to get my projects all squeezed in. Working on a house at the same time you're trying to live in, clean and declutter it is not a lot of fun. What I have decided to do is add pages to my control journal that list the projects I would like to accomplish in each room and what I will need to purchase. I'm thinking that as I make my way through each zone, I will create a page for it with the projects for that room as I work at cleaning and decluttering it. Then each day, along with performing Kelly's missions, I will work on one of my projects for the current zone.

Right now, I think my SHE-brain is on over drive and I'm starting to feel very overwhelmed. We bought a fixer-upper and, although we've done A LOT of work already, there is still so much to be done. Not to mention that I'm no longer happy with the original paint colors in the bedrooms or the color scheme my DH has started in our master bath to use up some extra paint. I'm also wondering how much is worth doing as we're hoping to find James a practice soon and, hopefully, get into a bigger house along with that. One day at a time, huh? Or, should I say, 15 minutes at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment